Florida Health Insurance Comparison
Do all the Florida health insurance comparisons that you’ve been browsing through online seem confusing? If so, it’s time to take a step back and simplify your search for the best health insurance in Florida. The best way to buy health insurance in Florida is to buy smart. But what do we mean by “smart?”
Buying smart means being prepared and educated before signing your name to an application. It means that as you sift through Florida health insurance comparisons, you carefully read all of the fine details found in specific plans. Simply put, it’s the best way to buy health insurance in Florida because ultimately you end up with a policy that best meets your needs and your budget.
Specifically, the best way to buy health insurance in Florida is to:
- Do some pre-work. This means assessing your family’s financial and potential medical situation for the length of health insurance coverage. Consider whether your family would be able to afford high deductibles or skimpy coverage. If you have children, think about all the trips to the emergency room you may have to take.
- Compare options carefully. Decide what is most important to you? Does the plan cover routine checkups and physicals? Can you choose your own doctor or are you encouraged to use in-network? What is covered and what is not covered? These are all very important plan-specific options that you need to consider.
- Consider costs: premium payments, coinsurance and deductibles. Can you afford them? In particular, opt for a plan with a stop-loss limit that requires the insurer to fully cover all expenses beyond the stop-loss (or out-of-pocket expenses) limit.
- Sign up for your employer’s group plan. That is, if you have one available to you. Choosing a group health plan in Florida is essentially the best way to buy health insurance, because costs can be significantly cheaper than those associated with individual plans. Also, medical exams are not required.
- Consider pairing a high deductible plan with a supplemental health plan, if you think your chances are low for needing insurance over the course of the year. This is especially important if cost is a major deciding factor in which plan you choose.
- Discuss your options with an experienced broker. A broker would be able to help you “shop” around for the best coverage and walk through Florida health insurance comparisons with you. Working with a broker would allow you to compare many different insurance carriers to find the one that provides the best coverage and affordability for you and your family. Some quality and top-ranking health insurance companies in Florida include: Coventry, Humana, Cigna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, United Healthcare and Aetna.
For More Information
With over 25 years of experience, Doug Jones is a health insurance broker who helps individuals, families and businesses sort through Florida health insurance comparisons. For more information or an instant quote click Florida health insurance quote.