No Exam Term Life Insurance
» No medical exam
» Just answer a few health questions
» No Blood Draw - No Needle Stick
» 10, 15, 20, or 30 year term insurance
» Get coverage online, or by phone
Smokers Life Insurance
A look at the impact that smoking has on life insurance rates. We can help you find the lowest cost life insurance.
Higher Risk Life Insurance
Just because you may be considered “higher risk” does not mean that you should be denied life insurance.» High Risk Life Insurance
Senior Life Insurance
Find out more information on Senior Life Insurance, sometimes referred to as Final Expense Life Insurance» Senior Life Insurance
Discount Dental Plans
With more than 20,000 participating Dentists nationwide, and plans starting at $79.95 per year. Apply today and get an additional 3 months free.» Dental Plan Quotes
Supplemental Health Insurance - Florida
What is Supplemental Health Insurance?
Supplemental health insurance provides health insurance coverage not included in your normal health insurance plan. Generally, this type of insurance provides additional financial support for medical-related bills like deductibles or co-payments. You can also use this extra insurance coverage to help pay for indirect costs such as utility bills, household expenses and any other discretionary expenditures.
Types of Supplemental Health Insurance
There are many different types of supplemental plans including both individual and group plans that accommodate individuals and families based on their financial situations, family medical history and the limitations of their standard health insurance plans. Additionally, plans may not necessarily cover pre-existing or self-inflicted conditions or injuries.
Some examples of plans include:
- Cancer – covers treatments related to individuals who have cancer
- Disability – categorized in short or long term, group or individual. This type of insurance provides a portion of your income during the time you are unable to work due to accident or illness.
- Long Term Care – ensures coverage for at-home or nursing home medical and living assistance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment – pays benefits in the event of accidental death or loss of a limb or eye
- Medigap – covers “gaps” in Medicare such as deductibles and co-pays
- Hospital Indemnity – provides benefits for specific hospital-related costs, such as overnight stays
- Critical Illness – typically paid out in a lump sum, gives you money to help pay medical and personal expenditures if you undergo major surgery or become afflicted with a severe condition or disease
Supplemental health insurance plans typically come with a waiting period, also known as an “elimination” period. During this time, you must wait a specified number of days before being able to start collecting benefits.
Choosing a Plan
When choosing a type of supplemental health insurance policy, consider your family’s medical history, your financial situation and your current health insurance coverage. Do you think that your normal health insurance policy and your financial reserves can cover hospital expenses if you should need chemotherapy? Would you have enough money to buy groceries or your electric bill? What would happen if you would become injured and unable to work?For More Information
At NISONA, we understand that the unexpected can happen. That is why we are here to help you plan for sudden life changes. Contact us today at 888-564-7662 to discuss supplemental health insurance plans with our team of expert agents. We believe in 100% customer service and satisfaction, and there is never an obligation to buy.